Award-Winning Lip Smacking Foodie Tours Sets Precedence with First-Ever Commissionable Dining Experiences For Meeting Planners In Vegas and Beyond
Innovative Lip-Smacking Foodie Tours has raised the bar again, this time by being the first tour company to offer a 12 percent commission to any meeting planner who books one of its VIP culinary tours in its home base of Vegas or four new cities of San Jose, Seattle, Santa Monica or St. Louis, or any other venue to come.
A preferred partner member of Virtuoso, the global luxury travel agency network, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours now offers its popular culinary walking tours upon request to meeting planners in these three West Coast hot spots, as well as any other city desired. Each tour, tailored to the exact needs of corporate groups from 15 to 75 guests, includes stops at four top restaurants to indulge in as many as four signature dishes at each venue, all the while providing ample time for easy mingling and networking. With the tours now commissionable, they are the go-to group dining experience for meeting planners.
These tours take group dining way beyond just sitting down to a plate of food. Lip Smacking Foodie Tours does all the work, so clients are whisked to the top tables at each restaurant, with absolutely no waiting in line or need for reservations. They can sit next to different people at each stop, and get to know them in the most fun and relaxed way over the finest eats and drinks. Each tour is led by an expert guide who provides guests with insider knowledge and insightful tips along the way. An optional specialty beverage package is also available for those who want an even more indulgent experience.
“We are proud to be the first company to create a fully commissionable dining experience in Las Vegas,’’ says Donald Contursi, founder and president of Lip Smacking Foodie Tours. “We couldn’t be more excited to introduce more cities to our successful tours that turn regular dining into an unforgettable experience that guests can’t stop raving about to friends and colleagues.’’
Each tour is three hours long and priced at $199 per person.
The Santana Row Lip Smacking Foodie Tour takes travelers to the heart of Silicon Valley to San Jose’s upscale Santana Row. Located in the innovation capital of the world, this European-style piazza boasts trendy restaurants, hip boutiques, leading tech companies, a boutique hotel, state-of-the-art cinema, and luxurious residences. This must-see development attracts 12 million visitors each year.
This afternoon or evening excursion makes guests privy to Santana Row’s “hidden art,’’ of which few locals are aware. It also includes stops at these four acclaimed restaurants:
- LB Steak: The glamorous American steakhouse by James Beard Award-winning chef Roland Passot spotlights Japanese Wagyu, certified prime Angus and sustainable seafood.
- Left Bank Brasserie: Passot’s bistro serves classic French dishes.
- Ozumo: Founded by Jeremy Umland who played professional baseball in the Japanese Pacific League, this second location of the original San Francisco izakaya specializes in contemporary Japanese small plates.
- EMC Seafood & Raw Bar: Bypass the lines at this wildly popular restaurant that takes no reservations, and take a seat immediately to savor an array of Asian-inflected seafood dishes.
Launching on June 26, this tour gives visitors unique and unprecedented VIP access to some of Seattle’s most celebrated eateries in its buzziest neighborhood, Capitol Hill. Participants will be personally greeted by chefs and business owners at these four stops:
- Marmite: Named one of ‘America’s Best New Restaurants’ in 2017 by Bon Appetit magazine, this establishment is renowned for its impeccable French cuisine.
- Capitol Cider: The largest independent cider bar in America features hundreds of varieties of cider, as well as potent spirits and luscious house-made apple butter.
- Omega Ouzeri: Proprietor Thomas Soukakos redefines traditional Greek cuisine through an array of delightful meze or small plates that make dining more fun and convivial.
- Osteria La Spiga: At this modern-day temple to authentic Northern Italian cuisine, Executive Chef Sabrina Tinsley and her Italian-born husband, General Manager and Co-Owner Pietro Borghesi, specialize in hand-made pastas.
This perpetually sunny beachfront city always promises a good time, especially at these four breezy venues:
- The Bungalow Santa Monica: The epitome of laid-back Baja beach living, this charming place features an outdoor patio, fire pit and lush foliage adorned with twinkling lights.
- Elephante Beach House: This airy space offers a taste of the Southern Mediterranean in the heart of Southern California with light coastal Italian fare, smooth cocktails and an extensive wine list.
- Meat On Ocean: This stylish surf-and-turf steakhouse highlights dry-aged beef, house-made charcuterie, and outstanding seafood, all served with a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.
- Herringbone: California Coastal cuisine is the name of the game here with line-caught fish, oysters galore, and seasonal vegetables.
In 2015, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours debuted in Vegas, and quickly rose to prominence as the city’s premier culinary experience. It now offers eight different tours for up to 250 people at a time. Each tour is typically three hours long, and priced from $125 per person. Each includes stops at up to four restaurants on The Strip or in the city’s exciting revitalized downtown, where guests receive a warm personalized welcome from the chefs, and the opportunity to try three to four signature dishes at each establishment.
The most opulent offering is the “Ultimate Steakhouse Tour” that spotlights American prime and Japanese A5 Wagyu beef at three of Vegas’ most prestigious steakhouses: Jean Georges Steakhouse, Scotch 80 Prime, and Bazaar Meat. The signature dishes are paired with a rare wine especially chosen for this occasion. The ultimate carnivore’s delight, this premium tour is priced at $799 per person.
About Lip Smacking Foodie Tours
In just a short time, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours has grown into the premier culinary walking tour in Las Vegas, garnering not only loyal fans but outstanding accolades. Its variety of tours offer guests personalized service and VIP access to the best tables in the house at the city’s most acclaimed restaurants – all without standing in line or the hassle of making reservations. Each tour includes an expert guide who entertains guests with insider knowledge about the sights along the way. At each of four restaurant stops on The Strip or downtown, guests indulge in signature dishes, as well as receive a warm welcome from the chefs. Guests can sit beside different patrons at every stop, gaining new friends and networking connections. The tours are perfect for everyone from locals to tourists to business travelers, including corporate groups of up to 250. In 2019, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours expanded for the first time outside of Vegas to include San Jose, Santa Monica, Seattle and St. Louis.
Recent honors include: "Best Tour", "Best Food Tour", and "Best Date Night Spot" by Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2019 and 2018; "Best Food/Beverage Tour Operations (Land)" by The World Food Travel Association 2018; "Best Tour", "Best Fine Dining", and "Best Brunch" by Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2017; "Best Tour" by Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2016; "Best Tour" by INVEGAS Magazine in 2015 and 2016; and "Best New Tour" by Thrillist in 2015; as well as inclusion in TripAdvisor’s “Top 3” tours in Las Vegas, and ranked #1 tour on Yelp.
Additionally, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours has been given the honored distinction of “preferred partner member’’ of Virtuoso, the invitation-only member network catering to luxury travel advisors. That designation means that no other company offering similar experiences can become a member of this leading international travel agency network that specializes in opulent experiential travel.
Follow Lip Smacking Foodie Tours on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and updates.