Health & Safety Update
HEALTH & SAFETY AT CATERSOURCE & THE SPECIAL EVENT
We have had feedback from the community telling us that the partnering and learning that takes place at our event drives business opportunities for them and that they value this opportunity to connect and do business. We’re committed to continuing to support these business opportunities by holding the event and creating the best possible experience for everyone attending. To date, given that over 96% of our exhibitors and attendees are North American based, only a very small number of people have told us they are unable to attend because of travel restrictions relating to where they are based or have travelled to recently.
Our primary concern is and will always be the safety of our guests and colleagues. We, along with the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority and Mandalay Bay are monitoring the situation and following the guidelines set-forth by federal and local government and health agencies and are in close on-going contact with local Las Vegas authorities. At this time, there continues to be no reported cases in Clark County or Nevada and health authorities have not issued any domestic travel notices, precautions or guidance specific to domestic travel. According to the Health District, Southern Nevada and resort properties does not involve any additional risk than any other type of location or property.
Based on all this information, our intention is to continue to serve and support the industry by moving forward with Catersource + The Special Event 2020. To ensure the health and safety of everyone, we are taking very specific control measures around the show and on-site facilities including:
- Mandalay Bay is following recommendations from the Southern Nevada Health District, which focus on general CDC guidance around flu prevention (washing hands, avoiding touching face).
- Adding washing stations and hand sanitizing stations in the convention center.
- Overseeing that all food safety and sampling guidelines are adhered to. Any exhibitor serving samples is required to comply with all Southern Nevada Health District regulations that pertain to exhibition cooking/sampling.
- Mandalay Bay is continuing to maintain rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout.
- Mandalay Bay is placing hand sanitizer dispensing stations in high-traffic, visible areas including entrances, exits, bathrooms, elevator landings, hotel lobby, showrooms, etc.
- Mandalay Bay is reinforcing cleaning and disinfectant procedures with focus on: faucets and toilet flushers, doorknobs and locks, desk and table surfaces, hangers, safes, light/air switches, TV remotes, and telephones
We are of course guiding all attendees that if for any reason you do not feel well, please remain in your hotel room.
We are consistently monitoring this, and we look forward to seeing you soon!