Design Your Event The Comic-Con Way
- Tuesday, 01/30/2018: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Room: 209
- Session Number:
When it comes to building a true community within their events, nobody does it better than comic cons, anime cons, and fandom cons. These events see 10s of 1000s of attendees and grow every year because they've tapped into a very important fact - people attend events to connect with fellow "fans." Learn how to bring the excitement of fandom and community to your next event from organizers of some of the biggest fan cons in the world.
MethodologyOur panel will be highly interactive and will utilize a browser-based audience response system to display slides and show the audience's answers in real-time to our questions.
1. Discover what makes fan cons so engaging to attendees and how they're different from
2. Demonstrate popular strategies for creating memorable experiences for fans.
3. Brainstorming how to make these strategies work for all types of events.
4. The role of FOMO in increasing the marketing reach of an event by turning attendees into marketers.
Earn 1.5 clock hour toward your CMP certification or re-certification in Domain I: Marketing